Saturday 24 August 2013

Fannying around vacumn packing the dog

So today we decided to try and attach the flappy bits on the outside of the wall which are connected to what i now know is called an extractor fan. Beforehand this had been a plastic thing with a piece of kitchen roll taped to it. No more! It has been one of them jobs that Dad had wanted to do but now no longer has the strength to do. Knowing that destruction is one of my most loved past times my lovely fella let me loose with a massive hammer and chisel. I cautiously went to work on the brickwork of the side of my house.  This was massive!! Usually ive demolished things like wall tiles (or anything that has met with my short temper). But not actual WALLS, things that hold the house up - the four main components of a house - and I was going to hit it with a hammer. After nearly lynching myself on the washing line, I balanced on the 3rd step off the ladder (an achievement in itself) and stared at the carcass of a rather large house spider formerly known as Fred, now entombed in the house insulation. I knew I put my brave pants on for a reason this morning.
If I don't say so myself, I did a great job, the hole was a nice circle, no one was blind, on their way to hospital or dead and my house was still standing. The flappy bit was attached without drama.
I was later given an explanation as to what the extractor fan actually does... I learned that it basically sucks the air out of a room.  I questioned this extractor thing being a good idea... with Millies bed being in there, were we not, in a sense, vacumn packing the dog?....

4 comments:

  1. Wahoo well done you. Amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your inner child and your outer self is doing a fine job in the grown up responsibility department. And I do love the drawing in your last post. I am "following" now .

    ReplyDelete